One of the many clues that spring is close-at-hand is the arrival of daylight savings time (DST). You have probably already noticed the days getting a little longer, the culmination of the lengthening days marks the beginning of DST which takes place this weekend on Sunday, March 8th, 2014 at 2:00 am.
The arrival of DST also means that you will be busy setting your clocks and other timed devices an hour ahead this evening to ensure the correct time. This includes the task of programming your timer if you have an existing outdoor lighting system. If you are still using a manual outdoor lighting timer, this can be a headache! Manual outdoor lighting timers are time-consuming and inconvenient. As the days begin to get longer they also force you to “chase dusk.”
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Wilmington wants you to know there is a better way, through astronomic timers and also lighting control automation, or LCA for short. Astronomic timers are ultra-convenient and allow you the freedom of not having to constantly program your lights in anticipation of the setting sun.
Our LCA is on the cutting edge of technology and delivers effortless versatility and ensures that you will never have to worry about programming your outdoor lighting to accommodate DST, or chase dusk again. In addition, LCA provides automation that you can enjoy every day by simplifying your outdoor lighting system. LCA can provide effortless control of your home’s indoor and outdoor lighting and other powered features. The smart timer can do more than simply turn on selected lights at dusk. It can control your indoor and outdoor electric outlets.
Here are just a few of the benefits LCA will provide:
- LCA will ensure your outdoor lights come on automatically at dusk and off at dawn or the time of your choosing.
- LCA will allow you to designate zones of lighting, both indoor and outdoor and program these zones to turn on and off automatically so your home always looks occupied. This is a huge convenience when you are on vacation
LCA will allow you to program your lights to come at 50% power with the onset of dusk and progressively increase as the evening gets darker. This feature not only saves energy; it also creates a romantic ambiance within the landscape.
- LCA allows you to control lights inside your home to come on automatically as well. We can even place a central keypad to control the entire system.
- LCA can be programmed to gain control from your laptop or even your smart phone. This feature allows you to control your lighting from remote locations
- LCA will allow you to illuminate your home and landscape in any configuration and to come on at varying times. The choices are only limited to your imagination.
Learn more about how we can simplify the task of “springing forward” and “falling back.” The possibilities are endless when it comes to automating your lighting needs for more convenient days and beautiful evenings..