Many Wilmington homeowners are operating traditional outdoor lighting systems. When we say “traditional” we are referring to halogen systems. With all the emphasis on LED outdoor lighting you may feel as if you have “missed the boat”, so to speak, because you chose a halogen system rather than an LED for your new installation. Alas, all is not lost — because it is very possible to convert your existing system over to an LED system rather than starting over from square one! This will save you more money in upfront costs and allow you to begin experiencing the benefits of LED sooner, and more easily, than you probably imagined.
That’s right.Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Wilmington can inspect your existing system to ensure it is a candidate for an LED conversion! In most cases, your traditional halogen, or even incandescent, system can easily be converted to LED and allow you to experience first hand the endless benefits of LED.
Did you know?
- LED outdoor lighting systems consume up to 90% less energy than traditional outdoor lighting systems. This lower energy consumption will be evident each and every month when you pay your power bill!
- LED outdoor lighting systems are designed with longevity in mind which is evident through longer lasting bulbs which require less frequent replacement. Food for thought: a typical halogen bulb will burn for approximately 2,000 to 4,000 hours, whereas an LED will last a whopping 50,000+ operating hours–wow!
- LED is easier on the environment because its green burning technology leaves less of a carbon footprint and LED’s are responsible for less greenhouse gases by reduced carbon dioxide emissions. LED’s also contain no harmful chemical such as mercury that makes handling and disposal dangerous.
- Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Wilmington uses only Cree LED’s. These are UV free which means no ultraviolet rays which are prone to attract insects. If you use LED in your landscape, deck and patio lighting you will get the peace of mind in knowing there will be less insects around to invade your outdoor living enjoyment.
- LED’s are more durable and resilient than ordinary lighting systems. They are shock resistant, and also react better to changes in temperature, weather conditions and repeated cycling. LED’s will better withstand the demands needed by a bulb placed in outdoor situations.
Over the last few years LED has become more accessible in terms of affordability and availability. It is true LED costs a little more up-front than a typical lighting system but the money you save on energy usage and bulb replacement will allow you to recoup those initial costs quickly.
If you are ready to make a change for the better, an LED conversion may be the perfect fit for your outdoor lighting needs. So what are you waiting for? Call us today for a free consultation to learn more about adding a custom Wilmington LED lighting system to your home, or converting your existing system.